October 03, 2006

The Circle of Life


One of my favorite wedding couples from last year recently called to share they were expecting their first child. They asked me to shoot some pregnancy and newborn pictures for them and I was honored.

Rachel is beautiful, so her pregnancy pictures came out great, and she looked adorable. And then, about 3 weeks ago, she and Kevin welcomed their beautiful daughter Ava to the world, so I had the privledge of meeting and photographing this little beauty. She slept for nearly the entire shoot, which allowed us to get some really neat pictures of her, and them as a new family.








Incidentally, this is why I love my job so much! Families like Rachel and Kevin invite me into their lives to share their happiest moments -- getting married and then having children -- and it genuinely touches me to be a part of those experiences. I feel a sense of connection to my clients because I do get to witness and document these intimate moments with them and I cannot gush enough about how fulfilling this all is for me.

A few of my favorites from their wedding last year....


This last shot is my favorite from the entire wedding, because it was 100% non posed, despite how it may appear. I was trailing out behind them, when her dress got caught up on sidewalk and started to snag, so Kevin bent down to pick it up and unsnag it. She was watching him almost the whole time, except for when she briefly turned to adjust her veil and the wind slighly picked up just at that moment. Love it when all those little moments come together!

2 comments:

Melissa Jill :) said...

Great newborn shots Jen! I love the angles and lighting! Awesome job!

Nicole said...

Those baby photos are absolutely stunning. They make me catch my breath--Life. Miracle.