January 03, 2007

The Biggest Moments

Today my daughter and I went on a walk and stumbled across a bunch of fallen leaves on our way to the park. (In Arizona, we don't fully experience "autumn" until Dec-Jan typically since its so warm.) Needless to say, we never made it to the park. Instead we spent a good 45 minutes just playing in the leaves, laying under the big tree looking up the sky and playing peek-a-boo. I loved being the one to share that experience with her and I loved that when I asked her about 30 minutes after we started if she wanted to go the park she said "No" because our time together there was just as much fun.

It is these small moments that make up our lives. I know those 45 minutes will be burned into my memory forever and I hope hers too, if even in her subconscious since she is too little to remember. But I'm also glad that I thought to grab my good camera as we walked out the door so that I was able to capture the joy on her face as she threw about the leaves for the first time.





It truly is the small moments that we remember as the big moments.











1 comment:

Roberta said...

Thanks for sharing.....I was just looking for the pictures from Sherri and Scott's wedding. You truly are talented......