August 22, 2007

Eight Levels of Narcissism

So there is this little game going around in the wedding industry amongst several (and by now, I mean several) bloggers. Melissa Jill tagged me a few weeks ago after she answered her "eight," so after a little thought, I've finally come up with mine. Basically you share 8 tidbits about yourself that others probably dont know and then pick 8 more people who need to do the same thing. This is probably more than you would want to know, but here goes...


1. Unbeknownst to me, I photographed my own marriage proposal. (The back story: My husband proposed to me in Florence, Italy and set it up by suggesting I take a photo of us standing in this incredibly beautiful garden overlooking Florence – which by the way is the most romantic city on the planet. This was not an unusual request because we had been taking self portraits by setting up the camera timer all week, and on this day, I happened to bring a super lightweight tripod with me. So I set the timer, bounded over to jump in the shot and as I turned, he proposed. The camera snapped. He is a big romantic at heart.)

2. My daughter weighed 9 lbs, 11 ounces at birth. And I did not have a C-section. (She was 9 days late.)

3. I have met and had my picture taken with two Presidents of the United States, two current Presidential hopefuls for this next election and Robert Kiosayki, author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. (A great read for anyone.)

4. I am a LOST fanatic. I cannot miss the show. (It is imperative to watch from the very beginning though, otherwise you’ll just be lost.) Sorry for the pun.

5. I have a big crush on Steve Carrel from The Office. It must be his sense of humor. I absolutely love that show.

6. I am distantly related to Abraham Lincoln. My uncle is a genealogist and traced our family back years ago.

7. One of my closest girlfriends made out with Vince Vaughn, prior to his Jennifer Aniston days and prior to her (my friend) being married. (This isn’t really about me, but can’t this count for something?)

8. My favorite thing in the entire world is when my daughter wakes in the morning and snuggles up on me, still half asleep, with her arms wrapped tightly around me. Nothing compares to the smell of her skin and weight in my arms.


And for the next 8... some of you may have already done this, so I apologize if I haven’t done my research well enough, but here goes:

1. Kim Jarman of http://www.michelleallenphotography.com/

2. Shannon Rice with www.risostudio.com
3. Ryan Brannen with www.willbewed.com
4. Victoria Canada with www.abrightevent.com
5. Megan Resch with www.meganresch.com
6. Erin Kenly with www.erinkenly.com
7. Jen Thye with www.imonievents.com
8. JT with www.jeffersontodd.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great read, and number 7 is cool, but totally can't count! LOL! ;)